The Deep Canyon
|The Deep Canyon|
|◄Eamon adventure #73►|
7 October 1984 (DOS)|
9 September 1993 (ProDOS)
|EDX set||Best of the Classic Adventures|
|Native format||Apple DOS 3.3|
From the adventure's introduction:
After three days of traveling you are on the last leg of your journey.
You are walking on a high plateau. There are a few scattered trees and a lot of thick, dry grass. You can see a dense forest far up ahead. Off in the distance you can hear the rumble of rushing water.
You come across a mysterious man in a light-weight robe, to whom you enquire about the deep canyon. The man replies, "I'll show you how to get there, but be forewarned. It'll be up to you to find your way out. It is said that Elzod, the local wizard, keeps some of his pets down there to prevent adventurers from walking off with his valuables. Now follow me..."
You followed him for a while, and watched him grin as he pushed you off a cliff.
Fortunately, someone cast a power spell for you on the way down. The spell slowed your fall, but it was still a painful landing. You now get up to look around and to see how badly you're hurt.
- The folk belief that elephants fear mice is ancient; its first documented appearance is in Natural History by Pliny the Elder (77 AD).
- The kiord, a beast with the body of a coyote and the head of an eagle, is similar to the mythological lion-bodied griffin.
- Eamon Adventurer's Guild Library Master List
- The Interactive Fiction Database: The Deep Canyon
- Interactive Fiction Reviews: The Deep Canyon