Eamon is a long-running interactive role-playing game with at least 277 unique adventures, first developed around 1979 for the Apple II and since ported to many other systems. Its many adventures range from fantasy quests, to dungeon crawls, to sci-fi and modern adventures, as well as a few that defy categorization. This wiki collects and records information about the history of the game, from its creation by Donald Brown and expansion by John Nelson and Tom Zuchowski, through the growing list of collaborators and adventure authors over many years, to the various system ports and newsletters.
Items recently added, updated, or expanded:
- Walkthroughs for The Magic Kingdom, The Tomb of Molinar, and The Caves of Treasure Island
- Jim Jacobson history and recollections
- Author's hand-drawn maps for The Treachery of Zorag
- New maps for Malleus Maleficarum (map), Peg's Place (map), and The Pirate's Cave (map)
- Malleus Maleficarum, a new adventure by Keith Dechant
- Eamon CS by Michael Penner
- New maps created for Derek Jeter's The Treachery of Zorag (map) and Stronghold of Kahr-Dur (map)
- Land of the Mountain King, a new adventure by Kenneth Pedersen for Eamon CS
- Tomb of the Vampire, Matthew Grayson, and Dr. William Trent
- Eamon Master 4
- Imagery! origins
- Assault on the Clone Master, a 2017 remake by Keith Dechant of Brown's 1980 classic
- Whitey O'Thraight, combat trainer and monster wrangler for the Guild
Eamon started on the Apple II computer, but versions of it exist for many platforms. Whether you want to explore the original disks in an emulator, go adventuring in a dedicated app, or play through your browser, you can find a version that fits your style.
Eamon Adventurer's Guild Online is the web's most comprehensive collection of Eamon Apple II disk images, containing nearly all the adventures that have been published, plus a variety of other resources.
Eamon Deluxe is a port of Eamon to MS-DOS containing over one hundred adventures. It features an upgraded game engine and better graphics, plus a few exclusive adventures.
Eamon CS is a port of Eamon into C-Sharp, playable on Windows, Unix, or Android systems and featuring 11 classic and original adventures.