Caverns of Lanst
|Caverns of Lanst|
|◄Eamon adventure #41►|
|Revised||21 June 1995|
|EDX set||Classic Eamon Adventures, Vol. 1|
|Native format||Apple DOS 3.3|
|File||Eamon 41 - Caverns of Lanst.dsk|
From the introduction:
The noted archaeologist, Dr. Andrew Whitehead, walks up to your table in the Main Hall and asks if he could talk to you. Being between adventures and a little bored, you nod and invite him to sit down.
He says, "You have been well recommended as an experienced adventurer and I would like to hire you as a guide. I plan to explore the Caverns of Lanst in search of artifacts of the fabled Lanstians. My research indicates that the caverns were inhabited many centuries ago by a civilization of great capabilities! I've prepared a standard contract", and he passes over a legal-looking paper:
- I will guide Dr. Whitehead through the Caverns of Lanst.
- I will give all artifacts of indicated archaeological value to Doctor Whitehead.
- All non-archaeological artifacts are mine to keep or sell.
- Dr. Whitehead's suggestions will be considered in all decisions.
- I will receive 5,000 gold pieces when the party returns to the Main Hall.
Dr. Whitehead takes the contract, looks it over, smiles, and shakes your hand.
"Give me a few minutes to get my stuff together and I'll meet you by the door!"
You down several drinks (the fine print said no hooch on the expedition) and amble out to the gate where the doctor is waiting impatiently. You pick up some of the supplies and head off down the road.
After many days of following old maps and weary searching you find the Caverns of Lanst!
- Eamon Adventurer's Guild Library Master List
- The Interactive Fiction Database: Caverns of Lanst
- Interactive Fiction Reviews: Caverns of Lanst