A maze is a deliberately complex or convoluted path in an adventure that's intended to be challenging for the player to traverse. Mazes normally consist of rooms that closely resemble each other, with the absence of distinguishing features intended to confuse the player and increase the difficulty.
Finding or creating a map is important when traversing an unfamiliar maze.
Adventures featuring deliberate mazes include:
- The Lair of the Minotaur by Donald Brown
- The Abductor's Quarters by Jim Jacobson
- The Underground City by Steve Adelson
- The Devil's Dungeon by Jeanette Merrill
- Crystal Mountain by Ken Hoffman
- The Search for Yourself by Don Doumakes
- Fire Island by Greg Gioia
- Wrenhold's Secret Vigil by Bob Davis
- Dirtie Trix's Mad Maze by Robert Parker
- Deathstalker's Castle by Phil Schulz
- Shipwreck Island by Ron Ledbetter
- The Tomb of Razaak by David Owens