History of the world of Eamon
The history of the world of Eamon is long and little-known, revealed in infrequent and sometimes contradictory snippets by different adventure authors. What pieces are known are described below.
John MacArthur's Journey Across the Muerte Sea describes a creation myth about the genesis of Eamon: four competing gods representing the elements of earth, air, fire, and water decided to create a world together in an effort to forge peace among them. The world was made, but the competitive gods grew more discordant, and fought with each other in the Muerte Sea.
- 20,000 years ago: The land of Tasavalta is destroyed (The Sword of Inari).
- Long ago: The Eruvolian civilization flourished (A Runcible Cargo).
- The reign of Anharos, an ancient king of Eamon renowned for being good and just (The Pyramid of Anharos).
- The reign of Evron, the "once mighty ruler of the land" (The Tomb of Evron).
- The reign of Molinar, last of the great wizard kings (The Tomb of Molinar).
- The ancient Human-Troll wars (Temple of the Trolls)
- Indeterminate past: The land was ruled by an ancient council of twelve, a group of warriors and mages, each with a different colored robe (The Training Grounds).
- Hundreds of years ago: The Lanstian civilization flourished (Caverns of Lanst).
- 500 years ago: The time of Thaddeus the Scholar. The period of his greatest works was about 253 E.A.R. (The Training Grounds).
- 300 years ago: The New Kingdom was founded on the opposite side of the Great Mountains from the forest of the Old Kingdom (The Curse of Talon).
- Over 200 years ago: The Black Castle of NaGog, stronghold of the evil Lord Rovnart, is attacked and all inhabitants killed (The Black Castle of NaGog).
- Over 200 years ago: The mage Castanamir and his island completely disappear (The Lost Isle).
- The Ale Revolt of 1093 (Redemption).
- The 593rd year: The evil sorcerer Draxnehr attacks and occupies Valkenburg Castle (Valkenburg Castle).
- Several years ago: Ford Prefect arrives at the Main Hall (Heart of Gold).
- The Eamon Search and Rescue Command is formed (Eamon S.A.R.-1).
- 23rd century: The United Federation of Eamon controls several million cubic parsecs of the galaxy and vies with the Nebuleans (The Final Frontier).
- Far distant future: Science and magic have blended into a single discipline known as Rhadshur (Rhadshur Warrior).