Character File Maintenance
Character File Maintenance, often referred to just as Character Maintenance, is a BASIC utility written by Tom Zuchowski in December 1983 that was included on John Nelson's Eamon Utilities I disk distributed by the NEUC and later on the DOS 3.3 and ProDOS Eamon Masters distributed by the Eamon Adventurer's Guild. The utility allows players to browse the adventurers saved on a disk and to create, modify, move, and delete adventurer records.
The user can browse and manipulate the contents of the Characters file:
- List all the adventurer records in either a short form showing just the record number and name, or an expanded form that displays all the data for each record;
- Delete individual records from the list;
- Condense the file;
- Initialize the file in order to delete all existing adventurer records and start fresh;
- Generate a new character record.
Once the user selects a specific record (by either name or number, or by generating a new one), they can take the following actions:
- Display the record;
- Modify any feature of the adventurer: name, attributes, weapon abilities, spell abilities, armor, sex, gold, armor expertise, and weapons;
- Transfer an adventurer to another disk.
A character record displayed in the utility
Options for manipulating a character record