Wiki:Terms of Service
Achieving it depends on people sharing what they know so it can be preserved for posterity. Whether you're an Eamon expert, or just someone who fondly remembers firing up the old Apple all those years ago to go plundering and dragon-slaying, you're a vital part of the project and we heartily welcome your contributions.
Before you begin, though, we (the management of Eamon Wiki) ask that you please read and agree to the following Terms of Service:
Please review our disclaimers.
Copyrights and licensing
Please respect the wiki's policies on copyrights and licensing.
You are responsible for safeguarding your own password and should never disclose it to any third party.
We happily welcome your participation and encourage you to be civil and polite in your interactions with others in the community, to act in good faith, and to make edits and contributions aimed at furthering the mission of the wiki. Certain activities may violate our rules, harm others, or subject you to liability, and you must not engage in them. These activities include:
- Harassing or abusing others, spamming, or committing vandalism
- Violating the privacy of others
- Knowingly posting libelous or defamatory content
- With the intent to deceive, posting content that is false or inaccurate
- With the intent to deceive, misrepresenting yourself or impersonating others
- Infringing copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under applicable law
- Misusing our services for illegal purposes
- Misusing the wiki to advertise or promote unrelated products, services, or other subjects
- Engaging in disruptive and/or illegal misuse of facilities, or accessing non-public areas without authorization
We reserve the right to exercise our enforcement discretion with respect to the above terms.
Policies and guidelines
Editors who change content or add new content must follow standards set forth in the policies and guidelines. Though an editor may not change them unilaterally, policies and guidelines may be changed if the wiki's editors reach a consensus to do so.
Wiki users and editors are responsible for following and enforcing the wiki's policies. However, should the need arise, we reserve the right to:
- Investigate your use of our services to determine wither violations of policies or laws has occurred, or to comply with applicable laws or legal requests;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues or respond to user support requests;
- Refuse, disable, or restrict access to the contribution of any user who violates these Terms of Service;
- Ban a user from editing or contributing or block a user's account or access for actions violating these Terms of Service;
- Manage the project to protect the rights and safety of the project, its users, and the public, including taking legal action against users who violate these Terms of Service (including reports to law enforcement authorities).
Blocks or bans will be handled in accordance with the "Termination" section of these Terms of Service.
You are free to stop using our services at any time. It may occasionally be necessary for us to terminate, block, ban, or otherwise limit access by users who violate these Terms of Service. We reserve the right to suspend or end the services at any time, with or without cause, and with or without notice.
We trust that users will work together cooperatively, and encourage users to resolve disputes amicably amongst themselves through civil discussion. However, should disputes arise that cannot be resolved by users, we reserve the right to assist in the resolution of such disputes and, if necessary, to impose a resolution. Whether the resolution to a dispute is reached through community consensus or is imposed by management, users must respect and abide by the resolution.
Modifications to these terms
It may be necessary to modify these Terms of Service, and such modifications are the responsibility of the management. However, we welcome input and suggestions, which you make on the Terms of Service talk page. We ask that users periodically review these Terms of Service.
We are responsible for these Terms of Service and may modify them as we deem appropriate.
The Terms of Service were first put in place on 19 December 2012.
The current Terms of Service became effective on 29 March 2013.