The Lord of the Rings
The Lord of the Rings is a series of Eamon adventures written by Sam Ruby based on characters and plots from the fantasy novel The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien and set in Middle-earth. Each entry in the series is a standalone adventure, but all are part of a continuing narrative and Ruby notes that playing them in order "is not totally necessary but is highly desirable."
The adventures in the series are:
- The Mines of Moria, released August 1985. A wizard and a ranger who smuggled information about the Dark Lord's plans out of Mordor have disappeared in the caverns of Moria while trying to deliver it. Your mission is to succeed where they failed: carry the intelligence safely through Moria and give it to the elves on the far side.
- The Forest of Fear, released August 1985. The captain of the Nazgul has imprisoned an important ranger in Sauron's fortress of Dol Guldur in southern Mirkwood. You must penetrate the fortress, drive off the monsters inhabiting it, rescue the ranger, and — if possible — destroy the chief of the Nazgul.
- The Ring of Doom, released June 1986. The One Ring, the most powerful of Sauron's Rings of Power, was lost in ages past but has recently been rediscovered and is in the possession of the Council of the free people of Middle-earth. The Council agrees it must be destroyed in the fires of Mount Doom, and you volunteer for the dangerous mission to carry it there.
The Mines of Moria map
The Forest of Fear map
The Ring of Doom map
- The Unofficial Home Page of Eamon Games: The Lord of the Rings
- Wikipedia: Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings