The city of Des Moines and its surrounding area, including smaller adjacent cities such as West Des Moines, is the birthplace of Eamon. The Computer Emporium and its successor CE Software were founded and operated in Des Moines, and several early key figures in Eamon history such as Bill Fesselmeyer and Donald Brown lived in the area.
The city's primary newspaper in the The Des Moines Register.
The following organizations associated with Eamon were founded in or operated in the Des Moines area:
The following people associated with Eamon were from or lived in the Des Moines area:
- Donald Brown, creator of Eamon
- Dan Cross, adventure author and newsletter contributor
- Bill Fesselmeyer, the "grandfather of Eamon"
- John Nelson, adventure author and newsletter editor
- Peter Wityk, SwordThrust adventure author
Allan Porter's adventure B I Z A R R O is set in "De Bunk, Iowa", a play on "Des Moines." In his review, Tom Zuchowski suggests that the house in which the adventure is set is modeled after John Nelson's residence.
The School of Death takes place in a Des Moines high school.